Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Cinnamon Ornaments/Gingerbread House

With having my Mom and sister here we decide to make some of our Holiday traditions that we do every year. Here are the boys helping make our cinnamon and apple sauce ornaments.







I have made these ornaments sense Hunter's first Christmas.
The nice thing about them is that they smell soooo good, and if the
kids break them no big deal. After they dry for a few days we paint them and then put them on our tree.





We also had fun making the gingerbread house. This year I just
put icing all over the house and let the kids put candy on. Super easy (may not look very good) but they had fun doing it all on there own.

2 comments:

Jody said...

those ornaments sound like such a good idea! What's the recipe?

Nunes Family said...

Hey Jody the recipe is so easy! You can google cinnamon apple sauce ornaments and it will bring you up some. I do mine very smiple. I just add cinaamon a ton (I buy a big one from Sams club) and almost use all of it and then add the apple sauce you need a big jar of this also. I just keep adding tell I get the right dough mix. When you go to roll it out make sure you put cinnamon down first. Than on top and roll with a rolling pin. This is so the dough won't sick. Then cut out with christmas cookie cutters. Make sure you poke a hole in the top with a straw so you can string it with ribbon. They take about 2 to 3 days to dry if you leave them out on your counter. I put mine in the stove this year on warm and turned them every hour or so. You want your ornaments to get hard.

I hope this helps let me know if you need more help.