Saturday, December 5, 2009

Charlie Brown Tree/Projects/Group Pictures

Well its official we have our self's a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree! I got this tree last year for 90% off at a target so I only paid 7bucks for it! When we first set it up everything was fine. It did lean a bit but nothing to bad. We did move it around the room a bit to see where it would look best and somehow in the process, the stand started to bend and after we found the right place for the tree it was leaning big time. For those that know me know this bugged me big time. But I was trying to be patient well my husband was busy at school all week(for him to fix it) because every time I tried the tree fell over. Well Carter did not help out the leaning tree either. He hit it with a light sabers, a dust pan multiple times and keeps pulling off all ornaments. On Sat. we had friends over for a lunch and some how my tree got bummed. It fell over for the last time and no matter what we did it would not stay up. Some of the guys tried fishing wire to hold it up but it still would fall down. So that night I went and bought a tree stand for a real tree and Matt fixed our Charlie Brown Tree......

We now have two boards helping hold up our tree and it still leans a bit. But this is as good as it will get this year. And just maybe I will get another one after Christmas but for now this tree will have to do.




With my Mom and sister being here we made (or should I say I made) lots of things! With there help.

These two wreaths!







I sewed a new cover for my ottoman. I was quite impressed with myself.
My old one had holes and tear's on it.





My sister and I made these necklaces with this tutorial.
I also sewed a few baby gifts for my brothers and sister laws baby
boy(he comes in April sometime). I will show pictures of those projects
once she has had a shower and seen them first. They turned out so cute!!







And before my sister left we took some pictures of all of us!
Let me just say I had so much fun with my sister and mom. I loved every min of it.
They are two of my best friends and I love them both so much.
Thanks for coming to see us. I can't wait for July to come to see them and
it will be summer and not cold.

2 comments:

Morris said...

we miss you guys too! your other necklace and wreath came out sooo cute! good job

GrammieJ said...

Your tree looks beautiful leaning or not, love all the projects you/we did they all turn out great!!