Well, it was bound to happen with 4 small boys and Pax-man is the first. My sweet little 2yr old got his first 5 stitches tonight, and the saddest part about it all is I was not even there. I was working. Here is the story or a least what I have been told. Our 3 older boys went down to Aunt Traci house to play today around 4ish. Tyson was playing on there metal glider (you know the thing that moves back and forth and had 2 seats) and Paxton got behind him and that is when he got hit in the face! Kelsey(my niece) said that at first he just cried and then the blood came. Apparently it was everywhere and would not stop for a good few min. Traci (aunt) called Matt to come down and than our doc. office. Thank goodness we go to the same doc. She told him Pax. had bit all the way through and it was above his lip. The doc said if its above the lip he needs to go and get stitches. So off Matt, Traci and Paxton went. They first went to in Urgent Care and was told by the Doctor there that they don't do lips and need to go to the hospital. So off to Banner Gateway. Matt said every thing went good just a few hiccups. You see, I had the insurance card so they had to look Paxton up. No big deal "right" well not if you can't get your child's birth date right and can't remember his middle name. It is Matt's middle name for haven sakes! Matt told me he was just having a brain fart but soon remember. I think the lady at the front desk thought he was pro. crazy she asked him if he had 12 kids or something (because he could not remember)! "No" just 4 lady but its still alot to remember, I even get them mixed up. So, they got back there cleaned him up, put a numbing topical on,waited for that to work. Then wrapped him like a mummy (which I heard did not go over very well) a shot and last the stitches. He got 5 in all. Matt told me that the inside of his mouth is bad and all tore up but that there is not much they can do and that it will heal on its own. He is now home and seems to be happy. Still very num so we will see how tomorrow goes.
As for me I am very sad that I missed this. Its something I think any mom would hate to get on there voice mail. Paxton got hurt don't worry, we have taken him to the hospital call when you get this. My heart dropped and I just about started to cry and called home ASAP! When I got a hold of Matt this is around 8:30 they were just getting ready to start to stitch him up! On my drive home it was a blur all I could think about was my little boy got hurt and I was not there to hold him. On the way home I called my parents (they truly are the best) and told them what had happened my mom reminded me to slow down (driving remember) and that it would all be ok. Here are a few pictures I took tonight of his mouth. He has to have the stitches in till Friday.
As for me I am very sad that I missed this. Its something I think any mom would hate to get on there voice mail. Paxton got hurt don't worry, we have taken him to the hospital call when you get this. My heart dropped and I just about started to cry and called home ASAP! When I got a hold of Matt this is around 8:30 they were just getting ready to start to stitch him up! On my drive home it was a blur all I could think about was my little boy got hurt and I was not there to hold him. On the way home I called my parents (they truly are the best) and told them what had happened my mom reminded me to slow down (driving remember) and that it would all be ok. Here are a few pictures I took tonight of his mouth. He has to have the stitches in till Friday.




9 comments:
Oh man! I would have been racing to the hospital too if that would have happened to one of my little ones. I'm glad he had his daddy to help out though.
That is so sad!! I would have been racing home too! I'm glad he's ok!
ahh poor little guy! and poor mom too!
Poor kid! That is too funny about Matt forgetting his birthday and middle name...I could totally see Benson doing that!
oh! poor paxton! sounds like a rough night for everybody! thank goodness matt finally remembered the pertinent info. and don't worry, paxton is still super cute even with the stitches.
Definitely not something you want left on your voicemail! Poor guy... hope it heals up fast!
Poor little guy... we're glad he's OK! And that definitely sounds like something Marc would do!:)
yikes.
Poor little man.
Post a Comment